Looking to see this Orthopaedic Surgeon?
To arrange an appointment contact UKS Medical
Looking to get in touch?
To arrange an appointment contact us below...
See this Consultant
Accumque que corrum essecatur. Qui tes se lantia soluption remper.
Mr Rohit Gupta
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
BSc(Hons), MBBS(Lond), FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Tr&Orth)
Mr Rohit Gupta is fully trained in all aspects of Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery; His special interest is the Shoulder & Upper Limb. He has established the Upper Limb Unit at the nationally-renowned Rowley Bristow Orthopaedic Unit, St Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey over the last ten years, which he heads up as the Senior Upper Limb Clinician / Specialty Lead.
He provides expert treatment, both surgical and non-surgical, of all conditions of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. He uses the latest technology in diagnostic investigation, including 3T MRI (+/- arthrography), 3-D CT scanning, high resolution dynamic ultrasound, digital radiology, and electromyography.
In particular, he specialises in arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery to treat many conditions such as: frozen shoulder, tendonitis, rotator cuff tear, dislocation, biceps injury, tennis elbow, stiff elbow, carpal instability, TFCC tear, and all forms of arthritis. In addition, he is an expert in all forms of shoulder, elbow, wrist and finger joint replacement surgery, from partial / resurfacing to complex revision replacements. He attracts tertiary referrals from the whole South East England region for complex procedures such as tendon transfers and revision replacements.
In upper limb trauma surgery, he uses some of the very latest customised fracture fixation implants in order to achieve the very best clinical outcomes, even after severe & complex upper limb injuries. Furthermore, he is a very enthusiastic promoter of the multi-disciplinary approach towards the management of his patients, and therefore he works very closely with a dedicated specialist team of Radiologists (specialised in Musculoskeletal Radiology), Anaesthetists (specialised in Upper Limb Regional Nerve Blockade), Physiotherapists, and Occupational Hand Therapists.
Mr Gupta is recognised nationally / internationally as an expert surgical instructor, having regularly been invited to lecture and demonstrate his surgical techniques, especially complex arthroscopic shoulder surgery.
He has been involved in numerous research projects during his training, and currently as a Consultant. Many of these have been published in peer-reviewed journals, and / or presented at conferences at regional, national and international level. In recent years, his research has concentrated on conditions of the upper limb.
His personal interests include tennis, travelling, photography, and sharing precious moments with his beloved family.
- Arthroscopic and open shoulder reconstructive surgery
- Shoulder replacement surgery (partial / stemless / stemmed / reverse)
- Shoulder trauma surgery
- Arthroscopic and open elbow reconstructive surgery
- Elbow replacement surgery (partial / total)
- Elbow trauma surgery
- Elbow platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy
- Arthroscopic and open wrist / hand reconstructive surgery
- Wrist / hand replacement surgery
- Wrist / hand trauma surgery
- Shoulder Arthroscopies: 400-450 per year
- Elbow Arthroscopies: 40-50 per year
- Shoulder Replacements: 50 per year
- Elbow Replacements: 10-15 per year
- Shoulder & Elbow Fracture Fixations: 50-75 per year
- Hand & Wrist Procedures: 100-150 per year
- Data collected: Oxford Shoulder scores, Oxford Elbow scores, DASH scores
- National Joint Registry: Shoulder & Elbow Replacement data since 2012
- Re-admission rate last 12 months: 0%
- Post-operative deep infection rate last 12 months: 0%
- Mortality rate last 12 months: 0%